Pages

January 1, 2014

Inspired Thrift: High Waisted Pants

Happy 2014 everyone and of course Happy Independence Day to Haiti. I know all of my fellow Haitians had a lovely day with the traditional soup joumou on the menu.  What a great way to enter the New Year.. Family and Tradition.  I also entered the new year supporting thriftytrends365 challenge.  Which is worth a try.  I don't mind not buying new/retail clothes for a year.  It shouldn't be hard.  In fact, it will make my husband happy. (saving money)

A few days ago, a friend sent me this awesome pic of business women, interior designer and fashion icon, Iris Apfel.  I just fell in love with her pic and was inspired to go on a hunt for high waisted pants just like the one worn in her picture below.  I searched through a couple of thrift stores.  Did not find anything quite the same but  I later remembered I already had a thrifted pair in my closet.  Sometimes your thrift wish list item is already in your closet.  All you have to do is shop your closet.  Luck me! Check out how Iris Apfel's high waisted pants inspired my New Years Day 2014 look. 


Iris Apfel (Born August 29, 1921)
High Waisted Pants/ Angels Vintage Boutique
 
 
 
 
High Waisted Pants/Angels Vintage Boutique
Saks Fifth Avenue Blouse and Belt /Goodwill
 

Thanks for Stopping By

 

Wendy D. J.

 

"Make Fashion Fun"

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Happy New Year! You always look fab from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...