Pages

January 9, 2016

Why I Enjoy Wearing Vintage

Vintage is Classic!




     I love the feeling that vintage clothing has already lived life. Vintage helps to give your style character and a story. When you buy a vintage dress, you are not just getting something that came straight from a factory overseas, to a truck, to a store shelf. You are wearing something that has seen life. Vintage garments are a lot like us modern girls. That cute vintage piece has seen good times and bad times yet survived still looking beautiful and stylish. I love that.

     Vintage makes a statement and it is "Classic". Classics never go out of style. Period. A fellow vintage fanatic once told me "modern clothing is so cookie-cutter". I agree. Vintage is more one-of-a-kind finds and easily fulfills the desire for signature style.

    Vintage can have value! Not every vintage garment is collectible, but many are. There will never be more 1950's wiggle dresses or 1970's high waisted Levi's bell bottoms made. Because they become harder and harder to find with time they become more valuable as they grow older. Vintage is money well spent!

     You can wear vintage to go right along with the current trends or you can make your own trends. To make it easy, below is my simple list as to why I love vintage.

1.     Vintage is Unique
2.     Vintage is the Source of Inspiration for today's fashion
3.     Quality
4.     Vintage Has History
5.     Vintage is an Investment
6.     Celebrities Wear Vintage

So there you have it. I'd say there are quite a few good reasons why you should doll yourself up in vintage. So what are you waiting for? Shop Vintage!






Thank you for stopping by!

"Live To Inspire"


3 comments:

  1. Love, love this post!! These are all the reasons why I love and wear vintage. I love that vintage has has history and can make a powerful fashion statement. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to shop with you in New York!

      Delete
  2. I love to wear vintage clothes. I love that 1940s utilitarian looks. Is there a vintage group that meets up in atlanta? IT seems like it should be. I've been looking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...