Pages

July 11, 2016

Well Hello 40!





I love Christmas and birthdays. They are my favorite time of year.  The celebration of birth and life. The joy that radiates from the face of my family as we make our way through watching all of our favorite holiday movies, new and old. God is present everywhere, as he always is, but more in an in your face kind of way. 


But, I have to say, I have been supper giddy for the past week because July 4th (My birthday) was like Christmas morning. Forty years ago I greeted the world in Brooklyn, New York. (Thank you, mom and dad!)


Instead of having a mid-life crisis, I’m having a MID-LIFE CELEBRATION.   I have totally arrived. I feel empowered by 40. Forty is just the beginning. 


My journey so far has boiled down to this, which I’m guessing isn’t too far off from yours. First, I was who I was. Then, I was what circumstances made me. Then, I didn’t know who I was. Then, I invented a successful woman and became her. Then, I realized she wasn’t quite me, so I adjusted and became who I am now. Hope that makes sense.  

And, I have to tell you, I think my 40 year old self is awesome — not perfect in anyway, but evolved for certain. Perfectly, imperfect.

Yes, this simple gift of turning 40 is better than any package I could ever open.  I’m pretty content, I have a job I love, a husband I adore, a family who I hold dear to my heart and some pretty amazing friends, oh and the two cutest dogs in the world…….Life’s pretty good!


I'm going to wave goodbye to my 30s, the decade I found happiness in my own skin and my own head and I’m going to wave in my 40s with great expectation, happiness and continue to let God lead my path in this world.  

Happy Birthday to me! I’m 40 and feel fabulous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...