Pages

July 23, 2017

Traveling on a Plant Based Diet -Vegan

One of my favorite vegan friendly restaurants in Rome, Italy



Hubby and I had vegan gelatos!


I'm always asked how do you survive on a plant based diet while traveling. Honestly, it is not difficult at all. It really is the same as how you survive on eating what you like. There’s an unfortunate misconception that traveling as a vegan diet is difficult. Vegans are around the world! You will find vegan friendly food trust me! 

Here are some tips to make traveling while on a plant based diet not only easy, but enjoyable:

1. Plan ahead. 

I do most of my research before traveling and Google is an amazing tool while on vacation. It's also helpful to look up some phrases ahead of time such as: I am vegan. I do not eat meat, chicken or pork. I do not eat fish. I do not eat eggs. I do not drink milk, eat butter or cheese, or consume dairy products. 

2. Have backups. 

I carry my oatmeal everywhere with me! All you need is hot water and cup or bowl. While you shouldn’t have any trouble finding vegan food if you do your planning as described above, it’s always a good idea to have a few backup options, such as knowing vegan options in chain restaurants if you’re staying stateside or how to order vegan in any restaurant. Or, keep a few emergency fruit and nut bars in your bag.

3. Choose where to stay carefully. 

You might want to consider staying somewhere with a kitchen, or at least a fridge (so you can have breakfast in your room). AirBnb is an option.

4. Be prepared for emergency cooking. 

If you’re going to be staying somewhere with a kitchen, you might want to know a few simple recipes you can make just in case, like one-pot pasta. Even if you’re staying in a hotel, you can make a few basic recipes in your coffeemaker, like soup or couscous. Yes, it’s really possible.

5. Enjoy yourself! 

Lastly - and most importantly - have fun! With a little advance planning, you can have a stress-free vacation - because the last thing you want to do on vacation is be worrying about where to find food

Some of my vegan friendly dishes while in Italy. 

The Hubster enjoying pasta and mushroom (Vegan)

Crispy Artichokes

This cafe' was Vegano friendly. They served vegan pastries! 


Thank you for stopping by!

"Live To Inspire"

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...