Pages

January 20, 2014

Thrifted Inspired by Vintage Haute Couture

I was reading an article on Vintage Haute Couture and came across this dress from the 1800's by English fashion designer, Charles Frederick Worth. He's widely considered the Father of Haute couture.  I fell in love with the details of this dress.  So regal! I recently shared this dress on Instagram and asked  where would I wear this too?!  Kudos to my Instagram family.  The majority ruled yes.  They would wear it because it's just fabulous, which I totally agree.  As we all know, there is no better place to shop then to shop your own closet.  I searched my closet and came up with this ensamble which was inspired by this 1800's dress.  See how I brought the 1800's to 2014. 




Christian Dior Blouse-Goodwill (Powder Springs, GA)

Black High-Waisted Skirt-Ecologie Vintage & Consignment (Kennesaw, GA)

Belt- Park Avenue Thrift Outlet (Woodstock, GA)


 

Thanks for Stopping By

 

Wendy D.J.





1 comment:

  1. How can I buy some of your vintage items. my e-mail is bolabakare@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...