Pages

February 10, 2015

Vintage and Thrift: Sequins and THE VOICE- Whitney Houston

My tribute to the VOICE!
 
February 11, 2015 marks the third anniversary of Whitney Houston's tragic death. Whitney Houston is a legend who will never be forgotten. She is the "The Voice"  I remember as a little girl, I used to sing and dance to her songs with my hair brush as my microphone. 
 
While scrolling through one of the social media sites, Someone posted this photo of Whitney Houston wearing a sequins black and white skirt and jacket. A light bulb turned on in my head.  Sequins! I remembered I had a sequins jacket and skirt in my closet. (another shop your closet moment)
 
 I have been holding on to this blazer almost two years ago.  I adore the blazer but I just didn't have the vision on how to wear it until seeing Whitney.  Check out this look inspired by the VOICE.

Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards, Los Angeles-1998
 
Sequins Jacket/Goodwill Whitlock
Sequins Skirt/Smyrna Thrift Store


Vintage Max De Carlo Italy/Black White Shoes/Smyrna Thrift Shop


Thanks for Stopping By
 
Wendy D.J.
 
"Live To Inspire"
 
JOIN our Facebook Group 365Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...